AMADEUS and DOUBT: A PARABLE
Playhouse 22 will be having open auditions for two of our upcoming production. Doubt: A Parable will be on November 10 and 11. Amadeus will be on November 17 and 19.
Both audition notices are below.
Playhouse 22, East Brunswick ’s Community Theater, will be having open auditions for Amadeus, on Monday, November 17 and Wednesday, November 19 from 7:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. Callbacks, if needed, will be on Sunday, November 23
The show dates are February 13 – March 1, 2015. All shows are Fridays and Saturdays at 8 p.m. and Sundays at 3 p.m.
Auditions will be held at the East Brunswick Community Arts Center , 721 Cranbury Road , East Brunswick , NJ 08816 .
A broad range of actors is needed for this wonderfully exciting and profound play.
The show will be directed by Jon Heron.
Sides will be provided. As this is an ensemble show, all roles other than Mozart and Constanze will be part of the ensemble. You may be asked to read for something other than the role you hope to play.
NOTE: The role of Salieri has already been cast. Also, the role of Teresa Salieri. All other roles are open. It is suggested that if you wish to audition for Mozart or Constanze, that you be familiar with the play.
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, 20s-30s High-strung, childish, giggly, profane and vulgar, yet genuinely innocent.
- Constanze Weber, 20s-30s Lively and lusty wife to Mozart. Beautiful and appealing as well as coarse and common.
- Two “Venticelli”: “Little Winds” purveyors of information, gossip and rumor, Early 20’s to 40’s, Male or Female.
- Joseph II: Emperor of Austria , 40’s-60’s
- Count Johann Kilian Von Strack: Groom of the Imperial Chamber, 30’s and up
- Count Franz Orsini-Rosenberg: Director of the Imperial Opera, 30’s and up
- Baron Gottfried Van Swieten: Prefect of the Imperial Library, 30’s and up
- Guiseppe Bonno/Ensemble: 40’s and up.
- Salieri’s Valet/Ensemble: 20’s and up. Non-speaking role.
- Katherina Cavalieri/Ensemble: Salieri’s prized pupil, Early 20’s – Early 30’s. Non speaking role.
- Salieri’s Cook/Ensemble: 40s-70s, female. non-speaking role.
Questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DOUBT: A PARABLE
Playhouse 22, East Brunswick’s Community Theater, will be having open auditions for Doubt: A Parable by John Patrick Shanley, on Monday, November 10 and Tuesday, November 11 at 8:00 p.m. There will be no callbacks.
The show dates are January 9 – 18, 2015. All shows are Fridays and Saturdays at 8 p.m. and Sundays at 3 p.m.
Auditions will be held at the East Brunswick Community Arts Center, 721 Cranbury Road, East Brunswick, NJ 08816.
Matters of faith, truth, and trust are put to the test in this Pulitzer Prize winning play, a battle of wills set in St. Nicholas church and elementary school, in the Bronx, during the fall of 1964.
Readings will be done from the script.
The show will be directed by Walter H. Placzek.
- Sister Aloysius Beauvier, principal of the school, age fifties/sixties
- Father Brendan Flynn, parish priest, late thirties
- Sister James, teacher at the school, twenties
- Mrs. Muller, African-American woman, any age to play the mother of a 12 year old boy
Rehearsals will not occur between December 23 and January 1.
Questions can be emailed to email@example.com.