Playhouse 22 will be having open auditions for our upcoming production of Amadeus on November 17 and 19.
Playhouse 22, East Brunswick ’s Community Theater, will be having open auditions for Amadeus, on Monday, November 17 and Wednesday, November 19 from 7:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. Callbacks, if needed, will be on Sunday, November 23
The show dates are February 13 – March 1, 2015. All shows are Fridays and Saturdays at 8 p.m. and Sundays at 3 p.m.
Auditions will be held at the East Brunswick Community Arts Center , 721 Cranbury Road, East Brunswick , NJ 08816 .
A broad range of actors is needed for this wonderfully exciting and profound play.
The show will be directed by Jon Heron.
Sides will be provided. As this is an ensemble show, all roles other than Mozart and Constanze will be part of the ensemble. You may be asked to read for something other than the role you hope to play.
NOTE: The roles of Salieri and Teresa Salieri have already been cast. All other roles are open. It is suggested that if you wish to audition for Mozart or Constanze, that you be familiar with the play.
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, 20s-30s High-strung, childish, giggly, profane and vulgar, yet genuinely innocent.
- Constanze Weber, 20s-30s Lively and lusty wife to Mozart. Beautiful and appealing as well as coarse and common.
- Two “Venticelli”: “Little Winds” purveyors of information, gossip and rumor, Early 20’s to 40’s, Male or Female.
- Joseph II: Emperor of Austria , 40’s-60’s
- Count Johann Kilian Von Strack: Groom of the Imperial Chamber, 30’s and up
- Count Franz Orsini-Rosenberg: Director of the Imperial Opera, 30’s and up
- Baron Gottfried Van Swieten: Prefect of the Imperial Library, 30’s and up
- Guiseppe Bonno/Ensemble: 40’s and up.
- Salieri’s Valet/Ensemble: 20’s and up. Non-speaking role.
- Katherina Cavalieri/Ensemble: Salieri’s prized pupil, Early 20’s – Early 30’s. Non speaking role.
- Salieri’s Cook/Ensemble: 40s-70s, female. non-speaking role.
Questions can be emailed to email@example.com.